The Adelaide Waste and Recycling Centre (AWRC) are a state of the art resource recovery centre and waste recycling operation, conveniently located at 181 Morphett Road, North Plympton.
Both the commercial services and the waste transfer station are managed by Solo Resource Recovery. We accept all types of commercial and domestic waste including, but not limited to:
- General waste
- Paper and cardboard waste
- Construction & demolition waste
- Green waste
- Residual waste items including gas bottles
- Motor oil, vegetable oil
- Clean soil
- Hazardous waste
The clerk in the gate control box will direct you to the appropriate area to dispose of your waste. On-site bulk skip bins are situated conveniently around the AWRC for both commercial and public use. The site is laid out to ensure maximum waste separation, as part of our ongoing commitment to the provision of sustainable waste services to Adelaide and the surrounding community.
Tips for securing your load
Some simple pre-planning before you arrive to the AWRC will assist you in disposing of the waste. To avoid issues on the road, and ensure a safe journey, we suggest the following:
- Use a load rated tie down strap, available from most hardware shops.
- Use a cover to prevent material from spilling onto the roadway.
- Avoid overloading your vehicle.
- Separate the items by waste type, to allow for a smooth unload.
- When in any doubt, throw that extra strap or rope over.
- It is always better to be safe than sorry!
Eftpos facilities are available. Costs vary depending on the load. Heavy vehicles will be weighed in on the weighbridge, while domestic vehicles are usually charged based on the type and size of vehicle, as well as the type of waste. Waste tip Dockets are provided to allow accurate recording and reconciliation of accounts. Our computerised weighbridge is regularly serviced and calibrated to ensure compliance to the highest standards.
Adelaide Commercial Waste services
The Adelaide Waste and Recycling Centre can assist you with your business waste disposal. Call us to discuss your requirements and ask one of our friendly sales team for an obligation free assessment of your waste requirements. We can provide regular scheduled collections, or one off collection and disposal for Liquid waste, Industrial bins, Recycling bins and more. View our services page for more on these offerings.
- Monday – Friday: 7am – 4pm
- Saturday: 8am – 3pm
- Sunday and *Public holidays: 10am – 3pm
- *Please note we will be closed on some public holidays.
Adelaide Waste and Recycling Centre contact
Our friendly operators are available at the AWRC if you need to clarify any further information. Phone: 08 8295 5077